The Saf Red is a instant dry baking yeast available in a handy 125g vacuum packed sachet.
- Instant dry baker’s yeast.
- Fermentation power identical to fresh yeast (1 part for 3 or 4 parts of fresh yeast).
- As easy to use as fresh yeast : simply add directly into the mixer.
- In addition to its high fermentation power, this yeast also has all the advantages of dehydrated
product : long shelf life, easy storage, stability and reliability.
- The product benefits from the industry’s latest technical evolutions.
- Its activity is widely superior to dry yeasts to be re-hydrated.
- The product looks like free flowing beige creamy particles in vermicelli form (1.5 mm long and
0.5 mm in diameter).
- The smell is characteristic of the baker’s yeast.
- Saf Red is especially suitable for dough with little or no sugar (0 to 10% sugar based on flour
The raw materials used to develop the yeast are :
- Sugar contained in molasses which are a by-product of the sugar industry
- Nitrogen and phosphorus.
Composition: Saccharomyces cerevisiae > 98.5 %
Emulsifier: sorbitan monostearate (E491) < 1.5 %
Contains no other chemical additive.
- Dry matter (D.M.) : 94.5 – 96.5 %
- Proteins (nitrogen x 6,25)/D.M. : 40 – 52 %
- P2O5/D.M. : 2 – 3 %
- Total glucids / D.M. : 35 – 45 %
- Total lipids / D.M. : 5 – 8 %
- Mineral matters / D.M. : 4 – 7 %
- Energy (in Kcal) : » 300 to 400 for 100 g of yeast
- Total coliforms: < 1000/g. of dry yeast
- Escherichia coli: < 10/g. of dry yeast
- Salmonella: Abs. in 25 g of dry yeast
- Staphylococcus aureus: < 10/g. of dry yeast